Who Is Going to Ride the Upcoming Metro in Qatar?
Qatar is one of the fastest growing countries around the world, resulting in substantially high private vehicle usage as well as heavy traffic congestion. It is currently estimated that the private car usage is about 85% of total traffic, and the remaining 15% includes public buses, taxis, and company buses. In this study, a survey was conducted to identify the potential users demographics of the of the upcoming metro service. The study revealed that 77.8% of the population is planning to use the upcoming metro service. More male, young, and expatriates are willing to use the service. The results indicate the need for programs to attract more users, especially female, elderly, and local Qataris.
- Civil & Architectural Engineering [254 items ]